Thursday, March 10, 2011

Welcome!

Hello fellow readers,
Welcome to my blog. My name is Sir Joseph Wilson Swan. I was born in Pallion Hall, Bishopwearmouth, and the son of John and Isabella Swan. I currently live in Gateshead, England and work as a chemist as well as a physicist. Many know me for my revolutionary invention that has lit up the world. Yes, I am the creator of the first incandescent light bulb. My ingenious invention was a giant leap in technology that brightened up the world we live in. 
I personally feel that I live quite an extraordinary life. One of the biggest milestones of my life was obviously my creation of the incandescent lightbulb. Once it was distributed to the public, its popularity spread like a disease. Buildings all over the world began to light up and shine. My invention made it very convenient for people to see in the dark or add light into a room. I knew that I had succeeded when the Savoy Theater was completely lit by my lightbulbs. 
Another moment I am definitely proud of has nothing to do with inventions or lightbulbs. In 1904, I was knighted by His Majesty, King Edward VII and given the Royal Society’s Hughes Medal. My success reached much farther than the borders of England. In France, I was given one of the greatest French honors, the Légion d'honneur. 
I can honestly say that my life is one of great merit and meaning. Continue to read my posts as I tell you more about how I feel and what is on my mind. I hope you will enjoy following me on my daily adventures.

1 comment:

  1. Sir Swan, I must admit myself truly ashamed. I never realized the magnitude of importance that your invention has on not only my life alone, but others as well. I thank you for your wonderful contribution to the world of science and technology as well as innovation and more comfortable living.

    Yours truly,
    Wilhelm Liebknecht.

    ReplyDelete