Thursday, March 10, 2011

One Great Invention Leads to Another...

Hello fellow readers,
Although my main focus of invention was on the incandescent lightbulb, I also had a slight interest in the world of photography. Photography is something that was just invented a couple of years ago, but already, it seems to have had a great impact of the daily lives of everyday citizens. 
While I was working with some photographic plates in my dark room, I discovered that if more heat was added to a sample of silver-bromide emulsion, the sensitivity of the emulsion would increase greatly. I thought to myself that it would be much better if we used dry photographic plates rather than wet ones. This would make developing photographs much more simple and clean. 
I put some of my time into developing a type of paper that could replace the silver-bromide emulsion. Within the decade, I invented a dry paper that could be used to develop black and white pictures. This made developing photographs much easier and quick. I simply called this invention “Bromide Paper” and added its patent to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment