Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thomas Edison and I

Hello fellow readers,With my new popular invention of the incandescent lightbulb, news spread all around the world of this new technology While I was getting my invention patented, in America, Thomas Edison was studying my light bulb and receiving patents for a similar copy of my invention. Edison then convinced people that he was the true inventor of the invention.Edison was interested in the money that he would earn from the invention, but I did not care much for the money I would receive. Therefore, I negotiated and agreed that Edison was allowed to sell the light bulbs. Part of our negation stated that Edison was allowed to sell the light bulbs throughout America, but I would be able to keep the rights in Britain. Together, we created the Edison and Swan United Company in 1883, which was formerly established as the Swan Electric Lamp Company. This company was commonly known by the name “Ediswan”. While working with Edison,  discovered another filament while searching for an advance in technology by forming conducting fibers. My company used cellulose filaments while Edison used bamboo filaments in his own company. After a while, Edison’s company then decided to change to cellulose filaments. The Ediswan Company then moved their production to a former mill where they produced numerous new products. Thermionic valves and cathode ray tubes are just a few of the booming manufacture. Both of our inventions became a critical part of the electronic industry.

1 comment:

  1. Hey hey hey! How have you been faring, Joe? I hope you've been watching Ediswan carefully.
    Do you still recall when we came this close to that court battle over the incandescent light bulb? It's quite excellent that I came up with the idea to create our company Ediswan to market it in Britain as one, correct? No hard feelings, I assume.
    Still, I wish you the best of look in future endeavors. Perhaps one day, you might be able to match my impeccable genius with your own ideas on electricity.

    ReplyDelete